PPE Care Instructions
Washing & Care Instructions
Click Here to refer to Health Canada's information on Non-Medical Face Coverings
Washing your TekVest Masks
Thank you for purchasing a TekVest Mask!
In addition to physical distancing, these non-medical masks help cut down the spread of the novel coronavirus.
While we have adhered to strict safety measures in the production of our masks, it is important that you wash your masks prior to wearing, using the following instructions:
- HOT WATER WASH with detergent and the recommended amount of bleach (javex) for your washing machine.
- DRY on the highest setting.
- WASH YOUR HANDS for at least 20 seconds prior to removing from the dryer.
- Store in a clean plastic container or a bag that has not been used for any other purpose.
- WASH YOUR HANDS prior to putting a mask on.
NOTE: Make sure the exterior side of the mask is facing out, away from your face, and make sure the mask is completely secure, and that it covers your nose and mouth so that the bottom edge is under your chin.
IMPORTANT: Per Government recommendations*, wearing a facial covering/non-medical mask in the community has not been proven to protect the person wearing it and is not a substitute for physical distancing and hand washing. However, it can be an additional measure you can take to protect others around you, even if you have no symptoms.
At Tekrider's Headquarters, we have provided our employees each with 2 face masks. With a daily washing cycle, they are provided with a fresh and clean mask to use every day.
*in Canada: www.canada.ca
*in USA: www.cdc.gov